Feel Free To Listen To The Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Finding a Job

Over the past few months, I have been looking for ways to earn money. I think I have found one. My moms store is run by a nice person and she lets me come in and help my mom. On days when she works 3:00 to 8:00, I bike over to the store. It's only about a mile so it only takes me about five minutes. My mom and to a lesser sort, my dad, were kind of paranoid about me going through an intersection to get there. The particular intersection is a very busy street, so they have good reason to worry. My dad almost caught killed in that intersection from a car running through a red light.

I'll bike over to the store when school is out, so I get there around 4:00 to 5:00. Depending on if I have an after school snack. I come in through the back and leave my bike there. What I like doing best there is when my mom lets me, which now is always, work the cash register. I also like to work the balloon machine, it's a party store. They have a big helium tank. All you have to do is push a button, but it's fun anyway. On Memorial Day (Monday, 5/25/09) someone came in and I accidentally broke one of the balloons putting it on the machine. That is a little hard because the balloons have to be on tight, so the thing you put it on is a little to big.

Also there my mom will let me climb the big ladder and take down display balloons and pinatas. We take them down and either put them back into the computer, or blow back up the balloons.

Every so often when I bike over, my dad lets me stay over, and me and my mom order pizza. That only happens on weekends though. I will bike back home at about 6:00 if I don't stay for supper and that is an afternoon of my life. After all that is done, my mom pays me $10 -$20. Now my dad got her to start paying me a wage. She said she'll think about paying me half of her salary(around $3.50 each). That may not sound like alot for either of us, but my mom said she might do it.

In only few years, I will be able to get hired by a store and get a real wage.

5 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

That sounds great. You're doing work you enjoy, which is always something to aim for, you get paid and you're building up your CV for the future. It's all good!

Wolverine said...

The thing I really want to aim for is not retail, but playing in an orchestra or having my own band. I like doing retail though.

fairyhedgehog said...

The way I see it is that you don't have to decide on a single career and stick to it. Everything you do is good experience. I've had some jobs that I wouldn't have guessed I'd like till I tried them.

And if you do decide that music is definitely the one thing for you then you can support yourself in retail while getting a band going, or studying music, or whatever else you need to do to get where you want musically.

Well, that's what I think anyway.

Wolverine said...

I think it's a good thought, thanks for your opinion. I think when I get older, I'll try to be like my band teacher who has a job, teaching band, and he also plays in bands on ythe weekends or when he's not teaching.

Wolverine said...

On the post obove, I accidently put a y in before the word the.