Feel Free To Listen To The Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Garage Sale and a New Saxophone Are Linked

We are having a garage sale this month, and probably throughout the summer. If in this garage sale we make around $2000 my dad said we certainly would go out and buy a tenor saxophone from a music store we have been going to.

I have been wanting to get a sax for quite some time now. We just don't have very much money. I first got my interest in saxes at the end of 4th grade. Band didn't start until 5th grade, but at the end of 4th grade we got to try three instruments and pick the one we liked best. I tried the tuba, baritone, and sax. I picked the tuba. I don't mean to brag, but both my band instructor and his wife, who taught band at the elementary school, say I am very good, far ahead of my fellow students. When I asked my band teacher if I could get lessons from him for the sax, he got nervous. He got nervous because he thought I was changing from the tuba to the sax. The reason that made him nervous was that a good tuba player doesn't come around too often, and he said that the tuba is an important instrument in a band.

I got it straightened out that I only wanted to learn how to play the sax and was asking if I could get private lessons from him. He said when you want to play an instrument that your not going to play in band you have to get lessons elsewhere. So now we are going to try to get lessons from the music store.

My band teacher said to tell him what type of sax we were going to get before we got it, and the price, so he could say if it was a good deal. We gave him three types when we went so one of those should be good. When we went the guy there let me hold one of the saxes I was going to play, a tenor. It was really heavy, but not as much as the tuba.

So in a few weeks, maybe a few months, we will likely be buying a saxophone.

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

How exciting. I do hope the garage sale works out and you get the sax.

Wolverine said...

Thank you. We think it will based on passed sales.