Feel Free To Listen To The Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Saxophone!

Saturday June 13th We went to music store to look at some saxophones. Our garage sale ended for the week and we thought we could get a saxophone. We got to the store and saw the brand we wanted, but for almost twice as much as expected.

It was $2899 for a good one it looked like. We only had about $2000. We rented one though. To rent one we have to pay $60 dollars a month for 12 months, but the payment goes to any sax. We got the brand we wanted, but a student line. The girl said a student line would be good to start.

So we now have a sax that the proffesional said was scary how fast I was picking it up.

7 comments:

Bevie said...

You are scary. You have so much talent. I expect you'll develop a real talent with this instrument - like you have with the others.

fairyhedgehog said...

Way to go, Wolverine!

I've just got a clarinet so maybe we can compare notes. I play recorder but so far the clarinet is making rather a groaning, creaking, squeaking sound. I'm looking for a teacher.

It sounds like you're a natural.

Wolverine said...

I think the sound your clarinet makes is from the reed either being out of place or your reed is not wet enough.

My teachers and the person at the store said that the reeds always have to be wet.

Thank you to both fairyhedgehog and Bevie.

fairyhedgehog said...

It does work better when the reed is wet, but there's a whole thing about how far it goes in your mouth, the angles, how your throat and tongue are...

I really need a teacher!

I bet you'll be playing really cool stuff really soon.

Wolverine said...

All that stuff comes into play. A teacher would help so you don't pick up any bad habits. That is one reason we are getting a teacher for me.

The song I can play best is Polly Woddle Doodle. That song is an O.K. one.

fairyhedgehog said...

You can play that already? I'm impressed!

Wolverine said...

Well the main theme kind of slowly. Sometimes I run out of breath though and I start weezing and it sound weird when I start to play again.